Monday, October 1, 2007

Improving General Aviation in CY

Everyone involved in GA in Cyprus is welcome to throw ideas on how to improve the existing GA situation.

Fellow pilots are welcome to use this blog to write about their flying experiences and adventures, as well as difficulties and problems they encountered in the past or even in the present.

I think that things can only improve via positive feedback from an active community, so keep your ideas coming.

2 comments:

Chris H. said...

After a long delay I have decided to start using this blog. I recently logged some flight hours and I felt very happy doing so; flying really means a lot to me, as it stimulates my mind and senses. It feels like visiting an old friend, and that can only be a good thing.

I have discovered that the airspace has been reclassified to the better; we now have more uncontrolled airspace areas to practice and fly and that is also very good; it is a shame that a ceiling is set at 3000 MSL as Cyprus is mostly mountainous and thus the areas are somewhat restricted to a great extend by the ceiling limitation; it is a positive change anyhow.

Chris H. said...

I have recently upgraded my Garmin handheld GPS receiver with the latest version of the Atlantic MapNav database; after doing so, I realised that all aviation waypoints, airspaces are missing for a number of countries, including Cyprus.

After taking the matter up with Garmin, they said that a new database version is being prepared, one that will contain the Eastern Europe part of the world, which will also include Cyprus.

They will get back to me on when this will be available; as soon as I have news on this I will post it on here for anyone who's interested.